“The PowerPoint program was a very effective way to introduce Coming To The Table to a new group – not too long – but comprehensive enough to provide a great overview. We introduced the Circle Process which was also quite effective with this group of 16 participants. These PowerPoint presentations will be an invaluable asset going forward.” – Judith James, Co-Chair, Northern Shenandoah Valley CTTT Local Group
Coming to the Table has developed a Toolkit of resources for use by speakers, workshop leaders, educators, CTTT Local Groups, and others to accurately provide an overview of Coming to the Table. These resources are intended for use by CTTT members with an understanding of, or training in, CTTT History, its Vision, Mission, Approach, and Values, as well as the relationship between CTTT and the Center for Justice & Peacebuilding and the STAR program (Strategies for Trauma Awareness & Resilience) at Eastern Mennonite University.
The Toolkit includes templates of scripts and accompanying PowerPoint programs for presentations of roughly 5-10 minutes, 15-20 minutes, and 30-40 minutes in length. Presenters are encouraged to adapt these templates for their specific audiences and needs. CTTT can provide a variety of alternative images presenters can use to expand or modify these presentations.
- View sample 5-10 minute Script Template HERE
- View sample 5-10 minute PowerPoint Program Template HERE
- Download 1-page Introduction of Coming to the Table.
- Download CNN article, “When Kin of Slaves and Owner Meet.”
- Download Prism Magazine article, “Healing a Fractured World.”
- Download Time article, “Ben Affleck and PBS Failed at Helping Viewers Deal with the Past.”
- Download Yes! Magazine article, “Healing History’s Wounds, One-on-One.”
Depending on inventory levels, there may be descriptive brochures, postcards, and/or bookmarks available to be mailed to presenters for distribution at conferences, schools, churches, or wherever CTTT members wish to share the important message and work of Coming to the Table.
For more information about utilizing the CTTT Speakers Toolkit, to request Script and PowerPoint Templates, or if you have questions, please contact Coming to the Table HERE.