Genealogical Research rests at the core of the Coming to the Table Approach and its focus on Facing History openly and honestly. Many members of CTTT are active and skilled genealogists. If you would like help with your own research, or if you have skills you are willing to share with others in their research, please connect with our Linked Descendants Working Group.
Some of the many resources available to support those doing genealogical research:
Founded and sustained by CTTT member Sharon Leslie Morgan, Our Black Ancestry provides information and services that help people explore and appreciate African American family history and culture. The Our Black Ancestry Facebook Group has more than 35,000 members!
- “America’s Family Tree” – a how-to tutorial on genealogical research (black & white), including an explanation of DNA testing — presented by Sharon Morgan and Rachel Unkefer at 2018 CTTT National Gathering.
Coming to the Table Guides:
- Genealogy: Researching Your Family History
- Researching African American Family History
- Resources for Researching Your Family History
- Researching Slave-Holding and Slave-Trading Ancestry