Linked Descendants Resources
The Linked Descendants Working Group continues to gather together here a growing list of valuable resources:
BitterSweet Blog: Linked Through Slavery
Researching Family History: Finding Linked Descendants
Sharon Morgan and Tim Kilby are members of the Linked Descendants Working Group, experienced researchers into their own and others’ family histories, and guides and mentors for people newer to that work. Sharon and Tim were guest speakers at the Linked Descendants’ October 2020 meeting and presented “Researching Family History: Finding Linked Descendants.”
- Watch the video of this informative session on the CTTT YouTube channel.
- Download a pdf version of Sharon’s presentation HERE.
Trauma & Encountering Our Legacy of Slavery
Prinny Anderson leads this session on the intersection of genealogical research of family history connected to enslavement, connecting with linked descendants, how trauma can infuse this work, and what we can do to take care of ourselves along this journey of discovery.
- Watch the video of this session on the CTTT YouTube Channel.
- Download a pdf version of Prinny’s presentation HERE.
- Download a list of readings on Trauma HERE.
- Download a list of resources shared in “chat” HERE.