Articles related to Mindfulness and Racial Justice
A variety of articles on how mindfulness can help in our Coming to the Table work toward racial justice and racial healing:
- Can Mindfulness Help People Cope with Discrimination? by Emily Nauman. A growing body of research asks if mindfulness can help people who experience depression as a result of prejudice.
- 6 Ways Spiritual Thinking Can Reinforce Oppression and Racism, by Virginia Rosenberg
- How Meditation Can Help Dismantle Racism, by Kara Dansky
- Can Mindfulness Help Reduce Racism? by Jill Sutti. A new study says, yes, it can be done—and the key might be mindfulness meditation.
- Is Meditation the key to combating racism? Seven minutes of loving-kindness contemplation ‘reduced racial bias’, by Lizzie Parry
- Contemplative Practices for Anti-Oppression Pedagogy: many relevant articles available at this site, including:
- How Mindfulness Can Defeat Racial Bias, by Rhonda Magee, J.D.
- Meditations on Facing Injustice, Transforming Race and Priviledge, by Susal Stebbins Collins, M.A.
- Healing the Deep Grief and Wounds from Oppression, by Beth Berila, Ph.D.