BRAND NEW! Become a Member!
Coming to the Table has never had a formal “Membership” program until now. We’ve had newsletter subscribers, donors, Facebook Group members, Twitter and Instagram followers, attendees at National Gatherings, Local Affiliate Groups, Working Groups, and even an internal social network program for several years… but no overall Membership option… Until Now…
Coming to the Table has always welcomed anyone to consider themselves part of this growing community; anyone who concurs with the CTTT Vision, Mission, Approach, and Values, and acknowledges taking good-faith efforts toward their implementation in thoughts, words and deeds.
With the dramatic growth Coming to the Table has experienced over the past year, the Board of Managers recognizes the value of an overall Membership Program to help with communications/connecting with members, to support the launch of more Local Affiliate Groups, and to gather general demographic information to provide evidence of strong interest in CTTT as we partner with other like-minded organizations and seek grant funding to expand and enhance our work together.
So, CTTT has launched this Brand New Membership Program!
CTTT continues to welcome everyone. There is no Membership Fee required to join Coming to the Table, but the ability for CTTT to meet ever-growing needs DOES depend on the generous financial support of our members. So we hope you will contribute financially! But most important… please
stand er, CLICK and be counted!
- Connect to a community of like-minded people who envision, and are working to create, a United States that is a just and truthful society that acknowledges and seeks to heal from the racial wounds of the past—from slavery and the many forms of racism it spawned.
- Receive the monthly CTTT newsletter, and occasional updates on CTTT regional and national events and activities.
- Receive support for starting and maintaining a CTTT Local Affiliate Group in your community.
- Connect with the Working Groups focused on various issues or activities, or receive support to start a new Working Group.
- Apply for scholarships to attend Summer Peacebuilding Institute classes at Eastern Mennonite University. To date CTTT has awarded more than $15,000 in scholarship funds to more than a dozen members over the past few years.
- Participate in CTTT Community Conference Calls to engage your peers discussions about genealogy, reparations, working groups, books, films, and more.
- Have access to a WEALTH of useful Resources to support you in your work and journey toward racial justice and healing.
As stated above, there is no Membership Fee required to join Coming to the Table, but the funds needed for CTTT to operate – the ability “to provide leadership, resources, and a supportive environment for all who wish to acknowledge and heal wounds from racism that is rooted in the United States’ history of slavery” – depend on the generous financial support of our members. Click HERE to donate.
Here are some examples of what your donation to CTTT will do:
$15 will pay for the “hosting fee” for the CTTT website for one month
$35 will purchase a set of “Little Books of Justice & Peacebuilding” for new Local Affiliate Groups.
$50 will help with monthly postage expenses (yep, sometimes we still gotta use “snail mail”)
$100 will help with printing costs for the 1,000’s of brochures and bookmarks we distribute through local groups and at conferences, and resource materials for CTTT Training and Events.
$250 will help provide scholarship funds for CTTT Training programs, National Gatherings, and other events.
$500 will help with the expenses (travel, hotel, exhibit booth) to attend conferences where we introduce CTTT to new groups of people.
$1,000 will help fund development of new materials, staff and technical support
$1,250 will cover the tuition for a deserving CTTT member for a week-long class at the Summer Peacebuilding Institute