The Coming to the Table Approach:
A Racial Healing & Social Justice Training Workshop
Dates: Friday July 21 – Sunday July 23, 2017
Location: Occidental College, Los Angeles, California
In this training workshop, participants will:
- Learn & utilize agreements/touchstones designed to create safe spaces for racial dialogue
- Develop trust-building skills while sharing personal stories related to racial history
- Learn to listen more fully & stay present, even when triggered during hard conversations
- Learn strategies for trauma awareness & resilience related to racial harms
- Explore steps to take action using community organizing as an anti-racism tool
- Apply Restorative Justice principles to consensus-building and community organizing
- Friday 6:00pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Lunch: included Saturday & Sunday; Dinner: (optional) will be scheduled on Saturday and Sunday nights for participants who would like to continue the conversations begun during the training. Cost of dinner is not included.
Jodie Geddes serves as Vice President of the CTTT Board of Managers. She earned a Masters in Conflict Transformation through the Center for Justice & Peacebuilding at Eastern Mennonite University. Jodie is a restorative justice healer and community organizer.
Tom DeWolf serves as Executive Director of CTTT and is a certified STAR Practitioner (Strategies for Trauma Awareness & Resilience). He’s the author of two books: Inheriting the Trade, and Gather at the Table: The Healing Journey of a Daughter of Slavery and a Son of the Slave Trade (both Beacon Press).
- $175 (Early bird special: $150 until June 1)
- Cancellations: If you must cancel, refunds (minus $25 handling fee) available until May 31. No refunds after June 1
- Some Scholarships are available. When you register, click the 3rd option under “Payment.”
NOTE: Registration is limited to 25 participants.
Registration for this Training Workshop is FULL
If you would like to be added to the Waiting List, or if you have Questions, please CLICK HERE to contact CTTT.